Sunday 20 March 2011

GIMME FIVE! - Pat Mills






Stunned and amazed to have the legendary Pat Mills gracing this here Blog.
Stunned and amazed too that someone responsible for shaking up and recreating British comics, along with creating such classic, unforgettable characters and strips, actually didn't read many comics growing up.
Here you are then with a very brief "Gimme Five!"

1. WHAT COMICS DID YOU READ WHEN YOU WERE A NIPPER?
Virtually no comics, I'm afraid. I read the Beano and Dandy annuals and the odd issue of Eagle, plus Express Weekly which starred Wulf the Briton, which I quite liked. But we are talking about very few episodes, so they didn't have any great significance for me.
I was primarily into novels and cartoons. When I started work in comics, I discovered many characters for the first time.

No comments: